Are you facing a problem with your iPhone’s hotspot? Is it not functioning correctly? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. In this guide, we will explain how to troubleshoot personal hotspot on an iPhone. Follow the fixes given below.
Fix 1: Switching iPhone Hotspot On or Off
Here’s how to fix the Personal hotspot that’s not working:
- First and foremost, head to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Then find and select the Personal Hotspot option.
- Find the switch that says, Allow others to Join.
- Turn this option off and then turn it on.
Fix 2: Switching Internet Connection On or Off
Is your iPhone’s personal hotspot still not working? Well, if that’s the case, simply follow this guide:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Locate and select the Cellular Data option.
- There will be an option saying Cellular Data.
- All you need to do is turn it off and then wait for a minute.
- After holding down for about a minute, please turn it on.
- Now check if the hotspot is functioning normally.
- If it is still acting up, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3: Rebooting the iPhone
If your iPhone hotspot is not working even after these small solutions, just follow these steps:
- First and foremost, ensure you have saved all your work.
- Now close all apps.
- Switch off your iPhone.
- Hold tight for at least two minutes.
- After that, start your device again.
- Go ahead and turn on the Personal Hotspot.
- See if it is working now.
Fix 4: Checking Your Cellular Data Plan
If your plan does not support a personal hotspot, then it won’t work no matter how many gigabytes you have left. So you need to ensure that your internet plan allows users to access the personal hotspot. There are several mobile internet plans that don’t support hotspots. However, most plans support mobile hotspots. If you find that it’s the data plan that is causing issues with personal hotspot, then you might have to upgrade your plan. However, if your data plan allows hotspot or internet sharing, then it means the problem is from your iPhone’s end not from the company’s end.
Fix 5: Update to the Latest iOS
Sometimes when your iPhone’s firmware has bugs and code errors, it can cause issues with several features, including the personal hotspot. You efficiently fix the software glitch by updating to the newer version. Most of the iOS updates include bug fixes and software improvements in particular aspects. So you must check for the available updates using a Wi-Fi network. If you see an available update, then you must download and install it.
After upgrading iOS, check if the hotspot is working normally. In most cases, this method fixes the hotspot not working issue.